A snowstorm in February 2009 took out the first dish I had built in 2006,

during the summer of 2009 I decided to rebuild it. The following describes the process.

DSCN1870.JPG

 

Working out the basic geometry, the template is cut for 0.47 f/D. The centre pole is

1.1/2 (38mm) diameter fibreglass tube. The straining lines are made from 400lb Dacron line (Radioworks).

DSCN1874.JPG

 

A degree of pre-forming has to be done on the ribs because a stressed dish is not a true parabolic at a 0.47 f/D.

DSCN1872.JPG

 

Below the completed assembly of hub and ribs is attached to the Az/el assembly ready for the dish to be covered with mesh.

DSCN1876.JPG

 

Here is the completed Dish covered with Aluminium Mosquito mesh with the 23cm feed and relays fitted.

DSCN1886.JPG